' They Call Me June: Busted Chin
Thursday, April 18, 2013

Busted Chin

So when I received the call from the nurse at the kids' school, my first thought was one of them threw up, or wasn't feeling well.  I never thought, in a million years, that she would tell me Karsten had an accident on the playground, hurt his chin and may need a stitch or two. 
 I raced to his school mid-day, and took him to the ER to be checked out.  



Karsten SO did not want stitches - he was very worried and upset about the thought of getting them. Luckily, he was able to get this thing called "glue".  It kept the skin together to let it heal like stitches, but without the scar (or needles!). Karsten would have said yes to anything the doctor suggested as long as he didn't say "stitches". 


So we left with "glue", a nasty bruise and instructions for no football or swimming for a week. That was a loooooong week, for both of us and when time was up, I was so happy for him to go run around!


With the "glue" on . . . 


 A few days after the accident . . .

Happy this is behind us, though I'm not betting on the fact that that was our last time in an ER. 
Raising a boy . . .  never a dull moment!



Top