' They Call Me June: SOCCER!
Sunday, March 22, 2009

SOCCER!

Karsten has been in a soccer program for a couple of months now. It's a very low key program, so I thought all they were going to do was learn drills and have scrimmage games against each other; I was wrong. Yesterday started the game portion of the season, no more practice, just games. Needless to say, I was a little nervous. It's so weird how freaked out I was, and he wasn't! Karsten loves to run and kick the ball, but he isn't super aggressive and I didn't know how the other team was going to be . . . I should have had more faith! They split Karsten's team and the other team up into two groups so their were two games going on at the same time. Kar was one of 4 for his team playing against the other team. Karsten started off playing goalie - his favorite position; he likes to hide and play in the net. Luckily, his team was awesome and they scored two goals while Karsten was holding down the fort on the other end. They then switched positions. Karsten was on offense and actually scored a GOAL! It was awesome and he was so excited! After halftime, Karsten was back on goalie position and blocked a goal from the other team! So all in all, his team won, he scored one of the goals and blocked a goal. He was so happy and I was so proud. I wanted him to know though, I was happy he won, I was most happy that he tried his best and worked his hardest. What a great day!

Karsten and his team with his coach, warming up . . .


Pondering life . . .


"Yaaaaawwnnn"


Playing goalie=playing in the net


Still in the net . . .


The winning team . . .
Top