' They Call Me June: Brothers and Sisters
Monday, March 30, 2009

Brothers and Sisters



I know I've done a post in the past about these two, but they really do amaze me, so I think I need to revisit the subject. I'm not one of those delusional moms who think that their kids are perfect and can't do anything wrong. They each have faults and behavior issues we deal with and work on. And they have those days where they can't stand each other - hitting, bickering, teasing and taunting. But for the most part, they do enjoy each other and when it comes down to it, they have each others backs like nobodies business! Karsten has a huge affection for Ella. If she gets hurt, he actually cries with her; like it hurts him to see her hurt. And Karsten is Ella's favorite person to be with; if he's not around she is constantly asking where he is.

I have a family photo shoot coming up and I wanted them to try on their outfits to see how they looked; then their mean mom made them take some pictures with her camera so I could see the outfits on film. (I'm a little nutso, I know.) But they loved it! They had fun posing with each other, hugging, snuggling, smiling. It was great. And even when I'm breaking up a fight, the worst thing I can do is separate them and put them in their own rooms, apart. They hate that. Once they are back together, the playing continues and I can see the love. I know this friendship probably won't continue through middle school and high school, but I hope they will come together as adults to support and love each as they do today.



No comments:

Top