' They Call Me June: Girls Vacation
Friday, July 24, 2009

Girls Vacation

So one Friday in July, I hopped on a plane to go here . . .














To eat some of this . . .





























. . . and some of this . . .








. . . while looking at this!












I also got to go shopping here . . .




You may be asking yourself why did Lizzie get to go, eat and shop at all these places? Find your answer below . . .





































Twenty-eight years ago, a wonderful set of grandparents (my Nana and Papa) decided to treat their three daughters to a girls vacation - a vacation just for the girls. No husbands and no kids! These three sisters were April (my Aunt), Gayle (my Mom) and Kim (my Aunt). This tradition has carried on year after year, mostly in California, but has taken the three sisters and their mom as far as New York and Europe!

In more recent years, the children of these three sisters are now wives and mothers, and the tradition has grown to include these daughters and nieces. This was my first girls vacation! Along with my sister and cousin, I flew out to California to meet my other cousin, who flew in from Chicago, to see my mom, my aunt and my Nana. We had a fabulous time! We ate, drank, talked, laughed - and I only had to take care of myself all weekend!

As much fun as we had, visiting all these fabulous places, the best times were spent in our hotel room, talking and laughing about boys and family and friends. I am so blessed to have my husband and my two kids, but my life is even fuller than most because of the relationships I have with my grandmother, my aunts and cousins and especially my mom and sister. I know so many fantastic, smart, beautiful women! What a treat this vacation truly was to spend time with them!

No comments:

Top