' They Call Me June: Ella Starts School!
Friday, September 4, 2009

Ella Starts School!

So two days after our fabulous vacation to Indiana, my littlest munchkin started preschool! It was so hectic, trying to get things settled from the vacation, back to work, Karsten back to school, it seemed like her first day just snuck up on us. This was Ella's first little steps into the world of school!

Ella had been so excited to go to school. Especially since her older cousin (older by four days) was going to be in her class. Gracie and Ella have a really special, solid friendship; they play so well together. Because of our vacation, Ella missed the open house and the first two days school. Her first day was on a Friday, and the drop off didn't go so well.

Grace wasn't in class yet, and Ella started crying so MUCH! I was very surprised. I guess I thought since she was excited, she wouldn't be nervous - I was wrong. She was was a little, sad, crying Ella. It broke my heart! Gracie showed up and that seemed to calm Ella down a bit, until I tried to leave and then the little sad tears came again! I finally left and then I started to cry. All the Yori girls were crying that morning!

But of course, when I picked up my favorite little girl, she was all smiles and happiness! She was so excited to show me her school work. And my heart was bursting with pride and joy! She loved school and was so proud to share the things she made and learned. What a wonderful thing!

Here are the pictures from the beginning of the morning . . .




No comments:

Top