' They Call Me June: Soccer Fall 2009
Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soccer Fall 2009

It's a new season of soccer! Go Kar! We are trying out a new league, AYSO, which is a huge organization, but seems to be run very well. The team size is smaller than his last, only 10 kids. Also, the games they play are 3 on 3, and the all the kids get rotated in. This is such a great thing, if there are more kids on the field, it's just a big mess of kids trying to get to one little ball. We have had three games so far and four practices. Last week at practice, I was watching Kar and it just seemed liked something clicked. His ball control was great and he looked more sure of himself. Well at the game last week, my little baby boy scored SIX goals! I couldn't believe it! He would get the ball away from the other team and he was off! He dribbled down the field and kicked it in! Over and over again! Even the coach made a comment about how he was on fire that day! I never needed Karsten to be number one or win lots of games in soccer, that was never our goal. I want him to be involved with sports and try his best. That's our saying, "Just Try Your Best". That's all I'll ever ask of him.

His best is the most I ever need.

But it sure is so much fun to see him EXCEL!

These pictures are from his first practice and game. We would love to see you at one of his games sometime. They are held at Greenfield and Warner, just behind Polar Ice. His games are on Saturdays, but the times vary week by week. Please let me know if you'd like to come and I'll let you know what time he's playing at.










































He's number 6 . . . he was so excited to get that number because he just turned 6!

1 comment:

lolasunshine said...

What a soccer player he is - oh my goodness! He is like a flash - LOVE watching him play (and spending time with you and Ella and Ava and Mimi and all of the rest of Karsten's fans)

Top