' They Call Me June: Not my Ella!
Friday, May 17, 2013

Not my Ella!

Would you believe it if I told you Ella ended up in the hospital needing stitches almost one month exactly after Karsten?! Surely you may say, I am joking. Nope, you would be incorrect! 
My beautiful daughter's, perfect little face, needed 5 stitches right by her eye.  It was horrible.  
I will save you the gory details and the horrible stress of the situation, but the end result is that we ended up at the same hospital I had to take Karsten to 30 days before. 
Ella's cut was a bit more severe and required stitches instead of the "glue" Karsten's chin received.  
We will have to go get the stitches removed next week and she will be wearing hats and sunscreen every. single. day. for at least a year.  

My sweet La la fell asleep on me later in the evening.
She was scared to sleep without a bandaid in case she rolled over on her stitches. 

My husband has pictures of us in the hospital, but I couldn't bring myself to take any.  
It was too heartbreaking.  She was so scared and I just want to forget that day and move forward.  

Having babies is hard and scary. And then they grow a little older and a bit more independent and you think, oh this is easier. And it's NOT - it's harder and scarier in different ways.  

But I will say a special thank you for this small injury my daughter (and son) incurred.  
Thank heavens those little bodies are still healthy and happy. 
If this is one of our hardest days we have, I am overly grateful for that and for that, I give thanks!



No comments:

Top