' They Call Me June: Bye, Bye Mommy
Friday, May 22, 2009

Bye, Bye Mommy

Bye Mama! My Mama is off on her summer adventure extravaganza with her fiance, Rich. They are packing up and driving to their home in Lake Wawasee, Indiana. Amazing house (see my post back in Sept 2008), but it takes a full day of travel, and that's if you fly. My Mama will be back in July for two weeks and we will be in Indiana at the end of August, but other than that, it will be a Me-la free summer. :( She will be missed terribly!

Since she has met Rich, of course she hasn't been around as much as when Karsten was a baby. (Talk about a built-in babysitter! Mark and I were spoiled!) But, it's been so wonderful, watching her fall in love, seeing him love her, getting to know, and loving Rich as part as our family . . . I wouldn't trade any of that for her being around more. For the most part Mama has been gone just for weekends, visiting Rich at his love nest, but now she is gone for the WHOLE summer! We are going to be lonely!

I think we will all be okay, as we get used to this. There is definitely an adjustment that needs to happen, because I feel sad and lonely, but once it does, I'm hoping the summer will go fast! My poor little buddy is just as upset, he and Me-la have a special bond and he knows and understands that she is leaving. Again, I hope, once we get in our new routine for the summer, the time will go by fast and it will be July, then August before we know it! One can HOPE!

So I bid you farewell, Mama . . . I know you are going to have the BEST time once you get up there! And July should be here in just a wink! I love you more than anything!

PS Tell Rich I said "hi"! :)

These are some pictures from our dinner last Friday; I was too sad tonight to take pictures of our dinner at Liberty Market. So here are pics from Bucca di Beppo last week.





No comments:

Top