' They Call Me June: My Last Volunteer Day at K-Prep
Friday, May 15, 2009

My Last Volunteer Day at K-Prep













This was my last day volunteering in Karsten's class. It was Pajama Day, which explains my crazy outfit. Mrs. Gleason wasn't there, she was actually graduating from ASU, she earned her Master's Degree in Education (Congrats!) so it was a sub, me and Mrs. Rhoades. We had fun, the kids brought their sleeping bags, pillows and stuffed animals and we watched movies, colored and sang. K-Preppers have so much fun! The last song we sang was the Three Little Pigs, blues style. The kids all made guitars out of cardboard and we sang and danced. I also brought in one of Karsten's favorite stories to read to his friends, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy by Mo Williams. Great story and the kids wanted to hear it twice! Fun! I was a little sad at the end of the day, I am going to miss this program, the classroom and the amazing teachers!

No comments:

Top