' They Call Me June: Soccer's OVER
Saturday, May 9, 2009

Soccer's OVER


My little guy finished his soccer league. We had a great time and I think it was a really great introduction for Karsten into organized sports. I'm hoping he will want to do another season in the fall, but if not, we definitely have great memories of this one!

At the last game, Karsten noticed the trophies and asked me quietly if they had to win the game to get a trophy, I let him know they didn't, he smiled. But, needless to say, his team won! They split his team into two, so there were two games going on at once. I so prefer this! If there are a ton of kids on the field, it's a mess, just a jumble of kids trying to kick the ball. With fewer kids on the field, they get more play time and it's not so crowded. Anyways, Kar was one of four kids on his team. They scored three goals and then Karsten scored the last goal! It was so awesome! He was at the other end of the field, got the ball, dribbled it down the entire field, with the other kids chasing him and kicked it right into the goal! YEAH! It was so great! It's funny how such a small thing can make me so proud for him! It wouldn't have mattered if he didn't score, but it was so great that he did! Here's a picture of his medal and trophy. Love that little guy!

No comments:

Top