' They Call Me June: I'm So Excited!
Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm So Excited!

So my girlfriends and I FINALLY got together for a long overdue dinner. The occasion was Birdie's birthday, but as it turns out, we had so much more to celebrate! We found out Roberta was preggo a few months ago, and we were all overjoyed! She has an amazing fiancee, John, who everyone adores and their little baby girl, is going to be so lucky to have such wonderful parents.

My other bestie friend, Kris, has been trying for awhile to get pregnant, and she told me at dinner, she WAS! Roberta took some pictures of my face as Kristin was telling me - as soon as I get them, I will post them. All I can describe what was in my heart was pure happiness and gratitude! Happiness for my best friend and her wonderful husband finally getting this miracle and gratitude to our God, for supporting everyone during this time where faith tends to falter and fade. What a blessing! And to top it off, she is expecting twins! Holy smokes! Double the love! The dinner was buzzing with excitement and love - the best dinner ever!

I love my girls, they were my first friends, outside of high school. I have a few close friends from high school still, but a lot of the friends from school, were friends because we lived in the same district. Birdie and Kris were my first friends, I felt I chose, they weren't chosen for me. Somehow through the years (12 years now) we've stayed close and it doesn't matter how long it's been since we've seen each other or talked, it's always fun and easy and amazing when we get together. I am so very lucky to have these girls in my life! And I am beyond excited for the three new babies that are joining our extended family! I think it's going to be a good year . . .




No comments:

Top