' They Call Me June: Field Trip to Stuffington Bear Factory
Friday, January 15, 2010

Field Trip to Stuffington Bear Factory

I had the pleasure of accompanying Karsten and the entire Kindergarten grade of Carol Rae Elementary to the Stuffington Bear Factory in Phoenix. Stuffington is a lot like Build a Bear, but they also have a working stuffed animal factory. We first sat through a presentation about how the teddy bear came about, then we toured the factory, then the kids got to make their own bears to take home.

There were so many volunteer chaperones, they couldn't fit all of the parents on the bus. I was one that didn't fit on the bus, I followed in my car, behind the bus. This was fine by me! I was able to leave when the kids boarded the bus to go back to school and pick up Ella - that saved me a lot of time. Another bonus with all of the parents - I was only in charge of three munchkins, and one of them was Karsten and another was our next door neighbor, Taylor. Super easy, because I know them so well. The other boy in our group was David S.

We had a lot of fun, as always, and I am a really lucky working mama that I get to spend so much time with Karsten in his class. I hope they let me volunteer next year too!  I wonder if they do in first grade? Hope so! :)


Here is Louis, he lead us through the factory.

Watching and listening . . . 





Happy kids with their bears!

No comments:

Top