' They Call Me June: Easter, Yori Style
Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter, Yori Style




So this Easter was little different than most. It felt more relaxed, maybe because we didn't go to church. (Bad Catholics! But we did talk about Jesus. Does that count?) The morning started off with my Mom, Rich, Meggy, Mike and Ava coming over to our house. My mom did all of the cooking so that was an enormous treat! I just cleaned and decorated the night before (see right). My Mama made egg casserole and french toast casserole. The french toast concoction was amazing! Yummy! We did the Easter Bunny baskets when Ava was with us and then the kids went to find the eggs out back. Everyone left after a few hours and we just hung out.










We had to go to my Nana and Papa's house later in the afternoon so we decided to hit a restaurant for a late lunch. And we chose Dos Gringos, a perfect choice to celebrate Jesus' resurrection, I think. Besides the irony of being there on Easter, we had a lot of fun. It was a beautiful day and the patio was sunny, but cool. A few beers and tacos later and we were all feeling the love! We headed to Scottsdale and hung out with my g-parents house for a few hours. The kids played swords and ran around their backyard while we chatted and snacked and had a really great Easter dinner; ham, turkey, cheesy scalloped potatoes (my fav!), green beans (or as my kids call them, "old beans"), cole slaw and angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream for dessert. My Nana spoiled the munchkins with more Easter candy and Ella actually rewarded her with a proper goodbye and kiss. Food=Ella love.


It was not our ordinary Easter celebration, but it was really fun and nice. I am so grateful for my family and friends and the love of God. Speaking of the love of God, at this point, we haven't been pushing church or Sunday school with the kids. Part of me really wants to get my kids into it because of the great foundation of faith I had as a child. But the other part of me likes teaching my kids about God, love and faith, without bringing the "organized" aspect of religion into it. We'll see where this path takes us, it's been quite a journey so far and I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am on this ride!

No comments:

Top